- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups diced yellow onion (about 1 large onion)
- 1½ cups chopped celery
- 12 oz mixed veggies
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 1 cup half & half
- 4 cups cooked & shredded turkey
- salt & fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- a little cayenne pepper, to taste (I added 1/4 teaspoon) Cheddar Chive Biscuits
- 1 bag Pamela’s Biscuit & Scone Mix
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1¼ cups milk
- ¼ cup minced chives
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Grease a 12 x 8 casserole pan (a 11x7 works great too as long as it's a deep enough casserole dish) with butter or non-stick spray. Set aside.
In a large heavy bottomed pot (like a dutch oven), melt butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add in onion, celery and mixed veggies. Cook until softened, about 7 minutes.
Stir in cornstarch until well combined, continue cooking for 2 minutes.
Slowly add chicken stock and half & half, stirring after each addition. Let cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
Stir in turkey and season to taste with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Transfer mixture into prepared casserole pan.
Gluten Free Cheddar Chive Biscuits:
In a food processor, pulse Pamela’s Biscuit & Scone Mix with butter until pea sized crumbs form.
Slowly add milk until well combined. Add chives and cheddar cheese, pulsing until combined.
Scoop our large dollops of dough and drop on top of casserole mixture, leaving about 1 inch for spreading.
Bake for 20-22 minutes, until the biscuits are starting to brown and the casserole is bubbly. Serve hot!
© Pamela's Products, Inc.