This is a french style quiche and is unbelievably light and tender, as well as delicious.
- Make pie crust according to package directions using either the Bread Mix or the Artisan Flour Blend (recipes here: Easy Pie Crust or Pie Crust with Artisan Flour) FILLING
- 8 oz. frozen spinach- thaw and squeeze out all the water
- 1/2 cup yellow onion- finely chopped
- 8 oz. crimini mushrooms-cut in half and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic-thinly sliced QUICHE LIQUID
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Crème Fraiche
- 2 tsp fresh thyme or 1 tsp dry
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- pinch cayenne-optional
- olive oil
Roll and form crust in pie dish and store in refrigerator until ready to fill. It makes two small 9" crusts, about 1 "deep. If using a deeper quiche ceramic or glass pie dish, use 2/3 of the recipe for one quiche. (You will need to double the quiche liquid for the larger pie-the filling amount can stay the same.)
Sauté onion in a little olive oil until soft and translucent, place in a large bowl. Sauté mushrooms in a little oil until browned, when they release their liquid, add the garlic. Cook for a few minutes more to soften the garlic, set aside with the onions.
In a medium bowl whisk together eggs & Crème Fraiche. Add the seasoning and whisk again.
In large bowl, lightly mix spinach, mushrooms, onions and garlic. Add one half the quiche liquid and mix well. This well help to loosen the spinach and take the clumps out. You want everything to move freely in the liquid. Pour this mixture into the pie shell, spread evenly, then fill with remaining quiche liquid.
Pre-heat oven to 350°. Place in center of hot oven and bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until golden brown and filling is set. To check for doneness, insert a knife in the center of the filling; if it comes out clean and dry, your quiche is done. Cool 15 to 20 minutes before cutting.
© Pamela's Products, Inc.