Serve warm or cold, but make enough because it’s hard to stop at one, or two, or three…
- 1 bag (3-1/2 cups) Pamela's Gluten-Free Bread Mix (plus more for rolling out dough)
- 1 yeast packet (2-1/4 tsp) enclosed in the 19oz bag of mix
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1-1/4 cup warm water Filling:
- 3/4 cup lightly steamed and finely chopped spinach
- 1/3 cup finely chopped artichoke hearts-rinsed if marinated
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp onion
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp bread crumbs from Pamela's bread
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
In bowl of a heavy duty stand mixer place Pamela's Gluten-Free Bread Mix, yeast and salt. Add oil and warm water and mix on medium speed for 3 minutes. Turn into a greased bowl and cover with a moist cloth and place in warm area free of drafts. Let rise for 1-2 hours.
Roll out on parchment or plastic wrap using plenty of flour for rolling to prevent sticking. Roll as thin as possible for the crispest crust. Use a 3-inch or 4-inch round to cut the dough.
Slowly saute the onion in butter until translucent. Cream together the egg and cream cheese, add other cheeses and mix well. Add spinach, artichokes and onions. Finally sprinkle with salt, garlic powder, cornstarch and nutmeg and mix well.
Mound a tablespoon or more of filling into the center of each dough round, pick up with spatula and place in one hand. With the other hand, fold the dough up around the filling, leaving some of the filling showing. Chef's Note: I cut off a little of the dough around the top and squeezed and plumped the filling up a little to have the filling up close to the top.
Brush tops and outsides with a well beaten egg and place on the bottom shelf of oven. Bake in a preheated 375° oven for 7 minutes. Brush again and replace in top of oven for final 7 to 8 minutes to brown the tops of the crust.
© Pamela's Products, Inc.