An appetizer that everyone can enjoy. Make ahead of time and freeze for a quick warm up at the last minute.
Made with Pamela’s Bread Mix.
- 1 recipe Pamela's Easy Pie Crust from Pamela's Gluten-Free Bread Mix Quiche Filling
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Divide filling in half to make both flavors. For LORRAINE add to 1/2 egg mixture:
- 1/2 tsp chives finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped crispy bacon, about 2 pieces
- 2 tbsp finely chopped and slowly cooked onion
- 1/4 cup finely grated Swiss cheese For FLORENTINE add to 1/2 egg mixture:
- 1-1/2 cup spinach-lightly steamed and chopped finely (see below for method)
- 1/4 cup finely grated Swiss cheese
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
Yield: 50-75 mini tart shells, depending on thickness
To prepare the dough follow Pamela's Easy Pie Crust instructions (to prepare, do not bake). Divide into two disks and chill in plastic wrap.
For Quiche Lorraine:
Mix 1/2 of total quiche filling with all of the Lorraine mixture. Set aside.
For Quiche Florentine:
To steam the spinach: put 2 tablespoons water in frying pan, turn on the heat, add the spinach, on goes the lid, 2 minutes, strain, squeeze excess water from spinach and chop finely. Mix 1/2 of total quiche filling with all of the Florentine mixture. Set aside.
Roll out dough in two batches between plastic wrap or parchment. Cut out 2-inch circles. Use a tart tamper or your hands to push into mini muffin pans, squeezing up the sides. Alternatively, you can roll the dough into a ball and press into the pan with either a tart tamper or your fingers.
Fill with quiche filling. If you don't have the mini muffin pans, use the metallic mini muffin cups on a cookie sheet for a slightly larger version. Fill half of the crust cups with Lorraine filling and half with Florentine filling.
Bake in a preheated 375° oven for 15 to 17 minutes, until filling is set and tops are just starting to color.
© Pamela's Products, Inc.