Enjoy an old-fashioned crispy oatmeal cookie. You can also make oatmeal cookies using our Oatmeal Cookie Mix.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, large, beaten slightly or equivalent using Egg Replacer
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup Pamela's Artisan Flour Blend
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp nutmeg or ¼ tsp cardamom (optional)
- 2 ¼ cups gluten-free oats
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional) or other additions like raisins, chocolate chips, etc.
Yield: about 3 dozen 2 ½" cookies
Cream butter in a stand mixer. Add sugars, mix well, then add vanilla and eggs, one at a time. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, excluding the oats and nuts if using. Add the dry ingredients to stand mixer and mix. Then add the oats and nuts, and mix well again.
Pre-heat oven to 350°. Using about 2 tablespoons of dough, roll into 1" balls. Bake in top third of the oven for 13 to 15 minutes, until edges turn golden brown and crisp. Cookies will give just a little in the middle.
Chef's Note: If you are using Egg Replacer and want flat and crispy cookies, you will need to flatten the cookies slightly before baking.
© Pamela's Products, Inc.