Share this old-fashioned delight with your friends — it will take you back!
- 24 oz Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix (or 4 ½ cups)
- 4 eggs, large-well beaten
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1½ cups buttermilk or milk Fruit
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped (about 2 cups) Crumb Topping
- 1½ cups Pamela's Bread Mix
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup butter (1½ sticks), cold, cut in small pieces
Whisk together Bread Mix, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until meal is formed with pieces no larger than pea-sized.
Preheat oven to 350°. Butter or spray a 9 X 13" pan. Beat eggs well in a large bowl, add oil and buttermilk and mix to combine. Add Baking & Pancake Mix to wet ingredients and mix until just combined (do not over mix). Spread evenly in pan, the dough will be thick.
Sprinkle with chopped apples or other fruit to cover batter. Cover fruit with Crumb Topping to the edges. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
Chef's Note: Use whatever seasonal fruit you like or have in abundance—try pears or blueberries.
© Pamela's Products, Inc.