A savory pancake full of vegetables! Great for the family and for using up your garden zucchini. Serve for brunch, lunch or dinner. Use our Baking & Pancake Mix or All-Purpose Flour Artisan Blend.
- ¾ cup Pamela's Artisan Flour Blend
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix
- ½ tsp salt Other Ingredients
- 2 large eggs
- 2 TBSP milk or water
- 2 TBSP melted butter plus more for frying
- ½ cup grated sharp cheese, like sharp cheddar or Parmesan
- olive oil for frying
- 1 cup grated zucchini*
- ¼ cup chopped Anaheim chile peppers*
- 2 TBSP chopped green onions*
- 1 cup fresh corn, cut from the cob or frozen kernels, thawed*
- *you can use other combinations of vegetables as long as they equal 2 to 2½ cups total.
Combine Pamela's All-Purpose Flour Artisan Blend with baking powder and salt OR Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix with salt (depending on which flour blend you are using).
Beat eggs slightly and add to dry ingredients, along with 2 TBSP of milk or water, 2 TBSP melted butter, cheese, and the vegetables. Mix well. If the mixture is too dry to mix, add up to 2 TBSP additional milk or water to soften the batter.
Add 1 TBSP olive oil and 1 TBSP butter to non-stick pan and fry heaping tablespoons of batter on medium heat, pressing the batter to flatten the pancakes. Cook until slightly browned on the bottom and bubbles are forming on top. Flip and cook until second side is slightly browned and pancakes are cooked all the way through. Eat plain, or top with Greek yogurt and chives, or smoked salmon or prosciutto.
Adapted from Yankee Magazine website.
© Pamela's Products, Inc.