Make a savory turkey gravy without the fuss of roasting a bird.
- 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon turkey base
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup Pamela’s All-Purpose Flour Artisan Blend, Bread Mix, or Baking & Pancake Mix
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) butter
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- ¼ cup finely diced celery
- ¼ cup finely diced carrots
- 2 tablespoons to ½ cup milk or cream (optional)
- ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, or to taste
Add turkey base to 2 cups boiling water and mix well to make stock, set aside.
In a nonstick pan over medium heat, toast Artisan Blend, Bread Mix, or Baking & Pancake Mix, whisking constantly until it colors from white to tan, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Melt butter in pan set over medium-high heat. Add diced vegetables and sauté until soft and slightly brown, stirring occasionally. Add toasted flour and mix well. Add stock, whisking constantly to prevent lumps from forming. Add milk or cream, if desired. Simmer over medium heat to thicken to desired consistency, whisking constantly. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve in a warm bowl or gravy boat.
© Pamela's Products, Inc.