- 1 cup unsalted coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons white or brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spices
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt FOR THE DOUBLE CHOCOLATE COOKIES
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg, large
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 scant cup (130 g) Pamela’s All-Purpose Flour Artisan Blend
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup bittersweet chocolate chips (60% cacao)
Yield: 12 medium-sized cookies
Preheat oven to 350°. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Lay out another sheet of parchment paper for pecans.
TO MAKE THE SPICED PECANS: Lightly toast pecans in oven, about 5 minutes. In a medium saucepan over low heat, whisk together butter, coconut oil, and sugar until sugar is just dissolved. Remove from heat, add toasted nuts, and toss to coat. Add pumpkin pie spice, cayenne pepper, and sea salt, and toss to coat pecans completely. Spread pecans out on parchment paper to cool.
TO MAKE THE COOKIES: In bowl of stand mixer with paddle attachment, mix together sugar and melted butter completely. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. In a separate medium bowl, sift together All-Purpose Flour Artisan Blend, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add the chocolate chips to the flour mixture and stir to combine. Add flour mixture, one third at a time, to egg mixture, stirring to combine completely after each addition. Add spiced pecans and stir to combine.
Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoon onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 13 minutes, or until cookies have puffed a little and tops are dry. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from pan. Enjoy!