Enjoy this rich chocolate mint dessert made with our Chocolate Brownie Mix.
- 1 bag Pamela’s Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 2 large eggs (1 egg for the brownies and 1 egg for the filling)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (2 ounces for the brownies and 6 ounces for the filling)
- 5 tbsp butter (4 TBSP for the brownies, this can be vegetable oil if preferred, and 1 TBSP for the filling)
- ¼ cup milk*, milk substitute, or water
- 6 TBSP Crème de' Menthe mint-flavored liqueur (4 TBSP for the brownies and 2 TBSP for the filling)
- 10 hard peppermint candies, finely ground or crushed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 24 Andes Mints or ½ bag of Andes Mints chips (found near the chocolate chips)
- *recommended for best results
Preheat oven to 350°. Coat two non-stick 9-inch square or round baking dishes with cooking spray. For ease of removing from pan cut parchment to fit into the botttom of each pan. In a large bowl, combine softened cream cheese and butter. Add all the moist ingredients; egg, milk (or water) and crème de menthe and mix with electric mixer till smooth. Finely chop peppermint candies (I recommend a coffee or spice grinder) and mix into moist ingredients. Add Pamela’s Chocolate Brownie Mix and stir just until combined.
Divide evenly into the two baking dishes and cook one pan for a total of 15 to 17 minutes (test for done when a toothpick inserted comes out with crumbs). Remove the other pan after only 5 to 7 minutes when the surface is slightly firm to the touch. Create the filling while baking the brownies.
Combine softened cream cheese, butter, and sugar and mix until smooth. Add one egg, mix. Add crème de' menthe and mix well. Remove one brownie pan after about 6 minutes and pour the Crème De' Menthe filling on top of the partially cooked brownie, return it to the oven for 10-13 minutes, or until the cream cheese filling is firm to the touch with a sponge like appearance. Allow to cool slightly.
Remove the plain brownie from the oven when done and allow to cool on a rack. When both layers are cool enough to handle, gently flip out the plain brownie, remove parchment and gently place on top of filling in the second pan, press firmly. Now gently flip the whole two layers and filling onto a serving platter.
While the brownies are still warm, place 12 chopped up Andes Mints on the top and allow to melt from the heat of the brownies. Take a frosting spatula or butter knife and spread the melted chocolate. Sprinkle with the remaining Andes mint pieces for garnish if desired.
Chef's Note: I forgot the chopped up mints but there was just enough warmth to make the little pieces stick to the top—perfection!
© Pamela's Products, Inc.