The addition of cranberries, jam and creme fraiche turns this scone into a breakfast delight! Made with our Biscuit & Scone Mix.
- 1 bag Pamela’s Biscuit and Scone Mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 TBSP butter or butter alternative, cut in 1/2" pieces and well-chilled
- 1 cup milk, soy, rice, or almond milk
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Optional: brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar before baking
Yield: 6 large or 8 medium scones
Place rack in top third of oven and pre-heat oven to 375°.
Combine dry mix and sugar. Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment or pastry blender, cut in butter until pea-sized crumbs are formed. Add milk, cranberries and nuts if using and mix until just incorporated. Scoop onto a piece of greased parchment or plastic wrap and gently form into a round, 1" to 1-1/2" high. Cut with greased knife into wedges and place on greased or parchment covered cookie sheet.
Bake for 20 to 24 minutes until just starting to brown. Cut scone in half and top with grape jam and crème fraiche.
© Pamela's Products, Inc.