The scent and flavor of these great muffins will make them a new favorite.
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Finely chopped zest from 1 orange
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 egg, large
- ⅓ cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1½ cups (225 g) Pamela's Bread Mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- ⅓ cup milk
Preheat oven to 400° with rack in the center of oven. Grease 8 muffin cups, or line with paper liners and spray papers well with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, beat together oil, sugar, orange juice, orange zest, orange extract, and egg until creamy. Stir in cranberries. In another bowl, whisk together Bread Mix, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. In two additions each, alternately stir flour mixture and milk into egg mixture, stirring until smooth after each addition.
Scoop dough equally into muffins cups. Bake about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Serve muffins once they are cool enough to handle.
© Pamela’s Products, Inc.