Fast, easy and delicious cornbread with whole corn kernels added.
- 1 bag Pamela's Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- ½ cup sugar
- 8 TBSP butter* (1 stick) or butter substitute, melted, or ⅓ cup oil
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 cup water or milk
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen corn kernels (thawed & drained)
- Optional: for color add 2 TBSP chopped pimentos
- *recommended for best results
Preheat oven to 375°.
Melt butter. In medium bowl, combine Cornbread & Muffin Mix, sugar, melted better, eggs and water. Mix in corn kernels and pimentos (if using). Pour into greased 8-inch square pan and bake in the middle of the oven for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. To make muffins, spray tins or papers well with non-stick spray, fill to top, and bake 20 to 25 minutes.
To re-heat cornbread, wrap in paper towels and re-heat in microwave, or wrap in foil and re-heat in oven.
Sugar can be reduced or deleted for a less sweet cornbread. Or, substitute ¼ cup honey or agave liquid to replace the sugar.
© Pamela's Products, Inc.