This is the dessert for the chocolate mint fans! Watch how easy it is to make a gluten-free pie crust: Pie Crust 3 Ways.
- 1 3/4 cups Pamela’s All-Purpose Flour Artisan Blend
- ½ cup butter (8 TBSP), chilled and cubed
- 3 to 4 TBSP ice cold water Double Crust - if you want to save one crust to use for another pie
- 3½ cups Pamela’s All-Purpose Flour Artisan Blend
- 1 cup butter, chilled and cubed
- 7 to 8 TBSP ice cold water Filling
- 1 cup gluten-free chocolate cookie pieces, such as Pamela's Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 6 oz white chocolate
- 3/4 cups whipping cream
- 3 TBSP creme de menthe
Pre-heat oven to 350°.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, using paddle attachment, cut chilled butter into the flour until small pea-sized pieces form (or use pastry blender or two knives). Slowly add ice water just until dough comes together (not sticky). Add 1 tsp additional water at a time if dough is too dry. Do not over-handle dough.
Divide dough in half if making double recipe. If making single crust, use all of the dough. Roll between sheets of parchment or plastic wrap, to about 1/8" thick. Peel off top layer and invert the dough into lightly greased pie plate. (Cover and chill if dough is too soft.)
Pre-bake the crust in middle of oven for 28 to 30 minutes.
Chop white chocolate into small pieces and place into a large bowl. In a medium saucepan, bring whipping cream to a boil. As soon as the cream starts to boil, pour over chocolate and whisk until completely smooth, then stir in creme de menthe. Refrigerate 2 hours.
Whisk chocolate crème for 3-4 minutes, add in chocolate cookie pieces, scoop into completely cooled crust, cover with plastic and refrigerate for an additional 2 hours.