- ½ cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup brown rice syrup (can agave or honey)
- ¼ cup evaporated cane juice (or granulated sugar)
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped out
- 2 to 2¼ cups Pamela's All-Purpose Flour Artisan Blend
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- 1-2 cups powdered sugar, for rolling and dusting
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Whisk coconut oil, brown rice syrup, evaporated cane juice, vanilla bean, baking soda, salt, and spices together in a medium-large mixing bowl.
Switch to the spatula or wooden spoon and add 1 cup of the flour and mix well. Add more flour, about ¼ to ½ cup at a time, mixing well after each addition so there are no dry ingredients visible. You might not need all of the flour. The dough should be firm and hold together in a ball without being crumbly or too dry. You can chill the dough at this point, or bake right away.
Form into 36 small balls, about ½ tablespoon each. Place on the baking sheets. Bake one sheet at a time for 15-20 minutes, or until the cookies are firm and golden brown on the edges.
Let cool slightly on the cookie sheets. While still fairly warm, roll the cookies in the powdered sugar and let cool completely before storing in a jar or another airtight container.
© Pamela's Products, Inc.