This cookie crust, made with our Brownie mix, is great for ice cream pies or any other pie calling for a chocolate crust.
- 1 bag Pamela's Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup butter or butter substitute-melted
- 1 egg-large or egg replacer
- 1 TBSP plus 1 tsp water or coffee CRUST
- 2 cups Brownie Cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup pecans-toasted and finely chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup melted butter or butter substitute
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350°.
Make Brownie Cookies by combining ingredients and mix to incorporate. On parchment lined or greased cookie sheet, scoop TBSP sized balls and flatten. Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
Use approximately half the cooled cookies to crush or process into 2 cups crumbs. Add butter and vanilla, mix well. If using a food processor, add nuts and pulse to combine, or chop nuts fine and mix in. Press into well sprayed pie pan and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until fragrant.
Chill well before filling.
© Pamela's Products, Inc.