This stuffing combines bread and cornbread for a delicious addition to your holiday meal. Made with Pamela’s Bread Mix and Cornbread & Muffin Mix.
- 8 to 9 cups total Pamela’s Bread cut into 1" cubes and allowed to dry*
- 1 cup butter or butter substitute
- 1 large diced onion
- 4 diced celery ribs
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- pinch of cayenne
- 8 oz. sliced fresh brown mushrooms—optional
- 2 TBSP fresh sage, finely minced
- 1 TBSP fresh parsley, finely minced
- 1 TBSP fresh savory (or fresh thyme), finely minced
- 1 TBSP fresh oregano (or other favorite, like rosemary or tarragon), finely minced
- 1 ½ to 2 cups veggie or chicken broth
- 2 eggs, lightly mixed—optional
- Chef’s Note: If using dried herbs use 1/3 to 1/2 the amount specified.
Yield: 10 servings
Melt butter in large pan; add vegetables and herbs, and sauté until limp. Toss cornbread and bread cubes with vegetable/herb mixture, eggs and broth. Mix well without breaking up the cubes too much.
Bake in buttered 8 x 8-inch or 8.5 x 11-inch pan, covered with foil at 350° for 45 minutes. Take off the foil for the last 15 minutes to allow top to brown and make a nice crust on top.
*9 cups equals approximately 8 Pamela’s corn muffins or pieces of cornbread and 1/2 loaf of Pamela’s bread.
© Pamela's Products, Inc.