Fry your favorite vegetables for a great appetizer or party snack. Made with Pamela’s All-Purpose Flour Artisan Blend.
- 1 onion, cut into ¾-inch thick rings
- 1 red pepper into ½-inch rings or strips
- 1 zucchini, cut in half, then each half into 4 sticks
- 1 sweet potato cut in ¼-inch (or less) slices
- tender green beans, use whole
- slender asparagus, use whole Batter
- 1 cup Pamela’s All-Purpose Flour Artisan Blend
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp crumbled oregano
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup gluten-free beer
- 1/2 to 1 tsp hot sauce of your choice
- oil for deep frying
Wash and prep vegetables first: cut onions and red peppers into rings, zucchini into sticks, and sweet potato into slices. Dry vegetables well or the batter will not stick.
Heat oil to 350° in deep heavy pot. Tongs and a skimmer (spoon with holes in it) are handy tools to have ready.
Make batter when oil is hot; whisk together All-Purpose Flour, salt, sugar, oregano, cayenne, and baking powder in medium bowl. Add hot sauce to beer, gently mix and add to dry ingredients. Mix batter together until incorporated. Dip vegetables in batter with tongs, gently tap off excess batter on the rim of the bowl, and deep fry until golden brown.
Drain in basket over hot oil for a minute or set on a sheet pan lined with paper towels. Transfer to a wire rack set in parchment or paper towel lined sheet pan and place in 200° oven to keep warm until all vegetables are fried.
Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.
Chef's Note: This batter will thicken but it is best to dip and wipe off the extra rather try to thin with more liquid.
© Pamela's Products, Inc.