Add anything you like to this scone recipe, made with our Biscuit & Scone Mix.
- 1 bag Pamela's Biscuit & Scone Mix
- ½ cup sugar
- 8 TBSP butter or or butter alternative, well chilled, cut in ½” pieces
- 1 cup milk, soy, rice, or almond milk
- ¼ cup dried fruit: cranberries, blueberries, raisins or currants
- ¼ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Optional: brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar before baking
Yield: 6 large or 8 medium scones
Pre-heat oven to 375°.
Combine dry mix and sugar. Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment or pastry blender, cut in butter until pea-sized crumbs are formed. Add milk, dried fruit and nuts and mix until just incorporated. Scoop onto a piece of parchment or plastic wrap and gently form into a round, 1” to 1½ ” high. Cut into wedges and place on greased or parchment covered cookie sheet.
Bake in top third of oven for 20 to 24 minutes until just starting to brown.
© Pamela's Products, Inc.