These rolls have a great chewy crust and a light, airy interior crumb; add your favorite seeds and it all adds up to a fabulous dinner roll.
- 2 cups (320 g) Pamela’s Pizza Crust Mix
- 1 (7g) package or 2¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water (and up to
- 1 tablespoon more, if needed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for oiling hands
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons seeds of choice, mixed together
- TO MAKE THE DOUGH: Put all ingredients, except seeds, into the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment. Mix on low until all incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl—if too dry, add extra tablespoon of water— and beat on medium about 30 seconds. Scrape down dough and form a ball in the bottom of bowl. Lightly smooth and oil dough ball, cover bowl with plastic wrap, and let dough rise in a warm, draft-free spot 1 to 2 hours, until doubled in size.
- Half an hour before forming the rolls, preheat oven to 475° with rack in top third of oven. Place a pizza stone on the rack if you have one.
- TO FORM THE ROLLS: Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Place another piece of parchment paper down on your work surface to catch seeds. Oil hands, scoop out about ½ cup dough and gently form into a ball. Holding dough ball over parchment paper, sprinkle about 1½ teaspoons seeds on both sides and place on prepared sheet pan. Re-oil hands and repeat process until all 6 rolls are formed. Place pan in a warm, draft-free spot to allow rolls to rise for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place sheet pan on pizza stone (if you have one) or rack in oven, and bake until rolls are brown, about 18 to 25 minutes. Let rest on wire rack at least 10 minutes before serving.
© Pamela's Products, Inc.