Delicious Fast Gravy
Need gravy in a hurry? This is an easy solution.
- 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon Turkey Base
- 2 cups water
¼ cup Pamela’s All-Purpose Flour Artisan Blend
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) butter
- 2 tablespoons to ½ cup milk or cream (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, or to taste
Add turkey base to 2 cups boiling water and mix well to make stock; set aside.
In nonstick pan over medium heat, toast ¼ cup of All-Purpose Flour Artisan Blend, Bread Mix, or Baking & Pancake Mix, whisking constantly until it colors from white to tan, 5 to 10 minutes.
Melt butter in pan, add the toasted flour, and mix well. Add stock, whisking constantly to prevent lumps from forming. Add milk or cream, if desired. Simmer over medium heat to thicken to desired consistency, whisking constantly. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve in a warm bowl or gravy boat.