These muffins are easy, delicious, and nutritious.
- 2¼ cups + 1 tablespoon (300 g) Pamela’s Grain-Free Pancake Mix
- 3 eggs, large
- ⅔ cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk, from a can that has been shaken well
- Zest of 1 orange (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, cut or torn in half
Yield: 12 tall or 14 to 16 regular muffins
- Preheat oven to 400°, with rack in center. Line standard muffin pan with cupcake liners; for tall muffins, use jumbo cupcake liners. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Put Grain-Free Pancake Mix into bowl of food processor or strong blender and mix for a minute or two; this will make flour finer for a lighter muffin.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix together eggs, maple syrup or honey, vanilla, orange extract, coconut milk, and orange zest, if using.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Grain-Free Pancake Mix, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg. Add to egg mixture and stir until just evenly mixed, then carefully fold in the raspberries.
- Fill standard muffin cups about two-thirds full; for tall muffins, fill jumbo liners until batter reaches level just above top of muffin pan.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes until firm to the touch and a tooth pick comes out clean. Cool on a rack until cool enough to handle.
© Pamela's Products, Inc.
Note: Muffins made with maple syrup are sweeter than those made with honey.