- 1 cup Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup cold milk of choice
- 3 tablespoons cold plain non-fat Greek yogurt, 2% may also be used
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/3 cup diced strawberries
- Raw/Turbinado Sugar for topping the biscuits Lemon Curd
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cold butter, cut into small pieces Lemon Curd Whipped Cream
- 1/4 cup cold whipping cream
- 1/3 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt, 2% may also be used
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon curd, plus more for swirling in at the end
Combine the sugar, lemon zest and eggs in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a whisk. Cook until sugar dissolves and the mixture turns light in color (about 2-3 minutes).
Stir in lemon juice and cook for about 5 minutes or until mixture thinly coats the back of a spoon, stirring constantly with a whisk.
Remove from the heat and whisk in the cold butter.
Strain the curd if desired for a smoother texture (optional)
Cool the lemon curd before covering and chilling in the fridge.
To save time, the lemon curd may be prepared several days in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a medium sized bowl use a pastry cutter or your hands and work together the baking mix and cold butter until pea sized crumbles form.
In a glass measuring cup, whisk together the milk, yogurt and vanilla extract (if you are using it) then pour into the baking mix.
Fold together until almost combined with a rubber spatula.
Add in the lemon zest and diced strawberries folding together until everything is combined.
Use a 1 1/2 tablespoon sized cookie scoop (or a heaping tablespoon) to drop the biscuit dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
Sprinkle the tops of the biscuit dough with raw/turbinado sugar then place them in the oven to bake for 11-14 minutes or until the tops are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool the biscuits on a wire rack.
LEMON CURD WHIPPED CREAM
In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk together on medium-high speed the cold whipping cream, yogurt and sugar until soft peaks form.
Add in the cold lemon curd and whisk again on medium-high speed until thoroughly combined.
Pour into a serving bowl and swirl in another spoonful of the lemon curd.
Serve the lemon curd whipping cream with the strawberry biscuits.