This is an easy dish for a crowd. Serve with all your favorite taco additions like sour cream, salsa, guacamole, sliced jalapenos, fresh cilantro.
- 1 lb. lean hamburger
- 1 TBSP minced dried onion
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- salt and black pepper to taste
- dash cayenne pepper, or more if you like it hot
- ½ tsp dried oregano or 1 tsp fresh oregano
- 1 can (10 oz.) RO-TEL tomatoes (original)
- 1½ cups water (divide in half)
- 1¾ cup of Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix
- 1 egg or egg substitute
- 1¾ cups Monterey Jack cheese-shredded (divide in half)
- 1½ cups of crushed gluten-free corn chips
Yield: 6 to 8 people (one 13 X 9 pan)
Preheat oven to 375°.
Brown hamburger, and drain any excess oil. Add spices to meat: onion, chili powder, paprika, garlic, cumin, salt & pepper, cayenne, and oregano. Then add half the can of RO-TEL tomatoes (save other half), plus ¾ cup of water. Let meat mixture simmer for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix with egg and ¾ cup of water, plus the other half of the can of RO-TEL tomatoes, juice and all. Spray a 13” X 9” baking pan. Pour baking mixture into prepared pan. Spread to cover all of the pan.
Pour meat mixture over the baking mix, spreading to cover all of pan. Now put half of the cheese on top, then put all of the corn chips sprinkled over, then add the rest of the shredded cheese. Bake for about 20 minutes or until bubbly and slightly browned on top.
© Pamela's Products, Inc.
Recipe submitted by Noreen W. for 2012 Recipe Contest