This is a moist cake to serve at any occasion or a great take along cake for a family get-together. Made with Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix, fresh grated pear flavored with pure honey, ground cinnamon and ginger. 2012 Recipe Contest Runner-Up by Barbara E.
- ½ cup coarsely chopped whole almonds (skin on)
- ¼ cup raw unrefined sugar (Demerara) or granulated sugar
- ¼ cup finely minced crystallized ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon Cake:
- 2 cups Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- 1¼ cups fresh pear unpeeled and grated (large grate)
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup pure honey
- 2 eggs Cream:
- ½ cup gluten free heavy cream (ultra pasteurized-no preservatives)
- ½ TBSP pure honey
- Ground cinnamon for garnishing cream
Yield: 9 servings
Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish.
For the streusel:
In a medium bowl, mix the almonds, sugar, ginger and cinnamon. Set aside until needed.
For the cake:
In a large bowl, whisk Baking & Pancake Mix, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and salt. In a medium bowl whisk pear, oil, honey and eggs until well blended. Pour mixture over baking and pancake mixture in large bowl; fold together just until blended. Transfer half the batter into prepared baking dish and level. Sprinkle half the streusel over batter and top with mounded tablespoons of remaining batter. Carefully spread batter to cover then sprinkle remaining streusel over batter. Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center of cake. Transfer to a wire rack; cool cake.
For the cream:
In a small deep bowl beat cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add the honey and beat until stiff peaks form.
Serve slightly warm or room temperature with a dollop of cream and garnish cream with a dash of ground cinnamon.
© Pamela's Products, Inc.