A perfect breakfast muffin, these are packed with nutrition. Also great for a delicious, healthy snack! 2011 Recipe Contest Honorable Mention by Sherri O.
- 2 cups Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix
- 2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup uncooked oatmeal (gluten-free)
- 2 tbsp raw, chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp raw, chopped almonds
- 2 tbsp raw, chopped pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp raw, chopped sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp raw, chopped flax seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut, shredded (preferably unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup chopped raisins or dried cranberries or apricots
- Wet ingredients mixture
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup turbo sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple extract OR vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, large
- 1/2 cup apple juice
Yield: 6 Muffins
Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
Spray large size six muffin pan with cooking oil, including the top of the muffin pan.
Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
Beat by hand wet ingredients in a separate bowl, then add mixture to the dry ingredients. Add apple juice. Mix well. Divide batter evenly into muffin cups, fill each cup to the top. Bake about 25 minutes. Cool in pan or on counter or wire rack.
Excellent with honey-butter (1 tbsp honey to 2 tbsp butter).
Chef's Note: This recipe will also make 10 regular size muffins. Muffin flavor is better the second day.
© Pamela's Products, Inc.