A wonderful seasonal recipe you can make all year long. Enjoy the crumble nut topping for a lovely sweet addition. Made with Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix. This was the recipe on the bag called “Pumpkin Loaf Cake with Nut Topping.”
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1⅓ cups Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves For the topping (optional):
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup of nuts (sliced almonds, chopped walnuts, chopped pecans)
Preheat oven to 350°. In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and pumpkin; mix to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk together baking mix, salt and spices. Add to mixer bowl and blend well. Line bottom of loaf pan or tube pan with parchment paper and spray bottom and sides with cooking spray. Pour batter into pan. If using topping, mix topping ingredients in a bowl and smooth evenly over batter to the edges. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted near center comes out almost clean.
© Pamela's Products, Inc.