- 1 cup Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix
- ½ cup Pamela's Pumpkin Bread Mix
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg, large
- 2 TBSP oil
- 1¾ cups milk Reduced Sherry Sauce with Fresh Fruit 'Caviar'
- ½ cup Cream Sherry (dark and sweet)
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 nectarines, finely chopped
- ½ pint blueberries, small preferred
- 1 cup pitted cherries, finely chopped
In a medium size bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. In a smaller bowl, whisk egg, then add oil and milk and whisk to combine. Add to dry ingredients and whisk until completely smooth with no lumps.
Heat a non-stick pan or griddle to medium, brush lightly with oil and make small 3-inch pancakes; test the first pancake for correct temperature of the griddle. Flip when bubbles have appeared over most of the pancake and the edges are cooked.
Chef's Note: You can adjust the batter with a little more milk if it thickens as you make the Blini.
Slightly reduce the sherry in a small pan over medium heat about 3 to 4 minutes. Add honey and mix to combine.
Serve reduced sauce separately in carafe or pitcher, or mixed with the fruit ‘caviar,’ and a bowl of sour cream or crème fraiche.
Chef's Note: Use whatever fruit is in season for the very best flavors. You can skip the sauce and simply serve the Blini with fruit and sour cream.
© Pamela's Products, Inc.