Bright fresh flavors all stuffed into a perfectly portable, fluffy gluten-free scone. Recipe and photo by Show Me the Yummy.
- 2 and ⅓ cups Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup freshly shaved parmesan, cold
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1½ tablespoons dried basil
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, frozen
- 1 large egg, cold
- ⅓ cup buttermilk, cold
- Scant ½ cup pine nuts (or a 2 oz packet)
Yield: 14 scones
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a muffin tin with muffin liners. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the mix, sugar, baking powder, salt, parmesan, garlic, and dried basil.
Using a box grater, grate the frozen butter and toss the grated butter into the flour mixture and mix it together. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk the egg and buttermilk together.
Combine the dry and wet ingredients. Do not overmix.
When the dough starts to come together, gently fold in the pinenuts.
Use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough into the prepared pan.
Bake for 10-14 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and the middle has cooked through.
Cool and enjoy!