Sausage and cheeses add excellent flavor to this quick and easy bake, brimming with vibrant colors. This is a great recipe for using up odds and ends of various cheeses – cheddar, gouda, monterey jack and Mexican blends are good substitutes for the mozzarella. 2012 Recipe Contest Runner-Up by Gloria B.
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa verde
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 12 ounces Italian or pork sausage, casing removed
- 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto
- 5 TBSP olive oil, divided
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) petite diced tomatoes, well drained
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 TBSP fresh basil leaves, shredded
Yield: Serves 8
In a small bowl, combine salsa verde and ranch dressing; set aside.
Preheat oven to 375° F. Brown sausage over medium heat in a 10-inch cast iron skillet, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon. Drain on paper towels. Transfer to a bowl and stir in pesto. Wipe skillet clean and lightly grease bottom and sides with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Spread tomatoes evenly over bottom of skillet. Spoon sausage mixture over top. Sprinkle with Mozzarella and feta cheeses.
Combine Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix, Parmesan cheese, sour cream, water, eggs, 4 tablespoons olive oil and salt. Spoon over mixture in skillet; spreading evenly. Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until golden brown. Gently run knife along sides of skillet to loosen. Let stand 10 minutes before inverting onto serving plate. Cool 5 minutes. Sprinkle with basil leaves. Cut into wedges and drizzle with Ranch-Verde mixture.
© Pamela's Products, Inc.