A creamy casserole with chicken and veggies. Great for the whole family!
- 1-1/4 cups Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 3/4 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 cup cold butter, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper Filling
- Remaining Baking & Pancake mix and remaining butter
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 TBSP milk
- 1-1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken-cut or torn into good sized pieces
- 4 cups (12 or 16 oz package) frozen mixed vegetables
Yield: 6-8 servings
Preheat oven to 400° F. In medium bowl, whisk together 1 cup Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix, Parmesan cheese, thyme and sage. Cut 4 TBSP butter into cubes and rub into dry mix with your fingers. Form dough into large crumbs; place on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until just starting to turn golden.
Melt remaining 4 TBSP butter in large saucepan, blend in remaining 1/4 cup baking mix, salt and pepper. Cook mixture for 2 minutes. Add stock; whisk over medium heat until sauce bubbles and thickens. Remove from heat; add milk and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted, then add chicken and vegetables. Pour filling into 10 inch pie plate or 6 cup casserole dish. Sprinkle with pre-baked crumbs. Place dish on a baking pan and bake until filling is bubbly and crumbs are browned, about 15 to 18 minutes.
Chef's Note: The California Style veggies are a larger cut and they stay crisper than regular-sized frozen vegetables.
© Pamela's Products, Inc.
Adapted from recipe submitted by Suzanne B. fore 2012 Recipe Contest