- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup apple cider
- ½ cup peeled grated apple, liquid squeezed out (1 medium apple)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Pamela’s Tiger Nut Flour (55 grams)
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons Not Xanthan Not Guar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup light olive or avocado oil, for frying
- powdered sugar or coconut sugar, for dusting
Yield: 15-18 fritters or mini muffins
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, apple cider, grated apple, and vanilla extract.
Add the tiger nut flour, tapioca starch, Not Xanthan Not Guar, baking powder, and cinnamon. Whisk until just smooth.
In a medium sauce pan, heat the oil to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
Once the oil is hot, use a small cookie scoop (about 2 tablespoons in volume) to drop the batter into the oil. Alternately, you can use two soup spoons. Fry in batches for about 45 seconds to 1 minute per side, or until browned, using a slotted spoon to flip and remove them from the oil. Make sure not to crowd the pan.
Transfer the fritters to the paper towel lined baking sheet as they are done. Dust with powdered sugar or coconut sugar before serving, if desired. Best served shortly after baking.
If you prefer not to deep fry, you can make these into mini muffins instead.
Bake in a mini muffin pan lined with paper liners at 350ºF for 10-12 minutes.