Thick, golden waffles topped with sweet, sticky caramelized apples. Recipe and photo created by One Sweet Mess.
- 1½ cups Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup cinnamon chips
- 2 eggs, separated
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup toasted pecans, roughly chopped
Yield: 4 (7-inch round) Waffles
- TO MAKE THE WAFFLES: Preheat waffle iron.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whip egg whites until stiff.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together pancake mix, sugar, and cinnamon chips.
- Add egg yolks, vanilla extract, canola oil, and milk to the bowl. Whisk until smooth. Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Spray your waffle iron with non-stick baking spray. Ladle 1/2 cup of the batter into the center of the waffle iron. Bake until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Top with caramelized apples.
- TO MAKE CARAMELIZED APPLES: Melt butter over medium-low heat in a non-stick skillet.
- Add apples and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans. Cook, stirring often, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture thickens, about 2 minutes.
© Pamela's Products, Inc.