This is a pan pizza for a crowd that you can pre-bake, top, transport, and bake off in about 10 minutes after you arrive at the party.
- 4 cupsPamela's Pizza Crust Mix(this will be double the recipe for pizza crust on the Pizza Crust Mix)
- 4½ tsp active dry yeast (2 yeast packets)
- 2¼ cup warm water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- cornmeal (optional -- to sprinkle on bottom of pan)
- red pizza sauce and/or pesto sauce (about 2 cups total)
- 1 small bunch fresh spinach
- 6 oz. fontina or jack cheese
- 6 oz. provolone cheese
- 8 Roma tomatoes, cut in slices
- 1 lb. bacon, cut in ½" pieces and cooked
- 1 bunch green onions
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar
Yield: One 13 x 18 inch "half" sheet pan pizza
- Make Dough: Scoop and level Pizza Crust Mix in dry measuring cup, don’t pack. Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment or mixing by hand, combine Pizza Crust Mix, yeast, water and oil. Mix on medium for 15 to 30 seconds until dough is completely combined. Dough will look sticky.
- Prepare one "half" sheet pan by spraying with non-stick spray and lay in a piece of parchment cut to fit pan. Spray the parchment and then sprinkle with cornmeal (optional). Spread dough into pan, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in warm, draft-free spot until almost doubled (about an hour).
- Pre-heat oven to 475° and place rack in top third of oven. Bake the crust for about 7 to 10 minutes, until starting to brown at corners and on the bottom.
- Remove from oven and add toppings in the following order: pesto or red pizza sauce, layer of spinach leaves (remove stems), white cheese, sliced tomatoes, bacon, green onions and cheddar. Reduce temperature to 450° and bake for 8 to 10 more minutes until toppings are hot and bubbling. Let cool on rack for a few minutes before cutting into small pieces, cutting between the tomatoes so each piece gets a slice.
© Pamela's Products, Inc.
Note: You can make pizza half with pesto sauce and half with red sauce so everyone has a choice. You can also prepare this pan pizza with any of your own favorite toppings. You can pre-bake the crust ahead of time, and then add toppings and bake when you are ready to serve.