- 1 (11.29 oz.) package or 2 cups Pamela's Pizza Crust Mix
- 2¼ teaspoons active dry yeast , or yeast packet included with mix
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons very warm water, about 110°F
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella or pizza blend cheese
- 6 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled (about ½ cup)
- ½ cup diced pineapple, canned or fresh
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced with seeds removed for less spicy
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro, optional
Yield: two 10-inch pizzas
FOR THE PIZZA CRUST
FOR THE TOPPINGS
TO MAKE THE PIZZA DOUGH:
Use a stand mixer with the paddle attachment to combine the pizza crust mix, yeast, water, and oil. Blend on medium speed for 30 seconds or until well combined. Scrape the dough down into a ball. Drizzle a little olive oil over the top of the dough and roll the dough around until the ball is lightly coated with oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise for 1-2 hours or until doubled in size.
TO PREPARE THE PIZZA:
Heat the oven to 475°F. Place a cast-iron pizza pan on a rack in the top third of the oven.
Dust a piece of parchment paper or pizza peel with a generous amount of flour and/or cornmeal. Place 1/2 of the pizza dough on top. Use floured hands to gently pat the dough out into a 10-inch circle, taking care that the dough is not sticking to the pizza peel underneath (this is not as important with parchment). If the dough starts to stick, gently lift the dough with a bench scraper and add a little more flour underneath. Use the pizza peel handle to jiggle the dough in a circular motion to ensure that it is not sticking and able to slide around.
Slide the pizza into the oven and par-bake for 7 minutes. If using a pizza peel, slide it directly onto the hot cast-iron pan. If using parchment, place the dough with the parchment on the pan, then remove the parchment paper after 3-4 minutes for a crisper crust, if desired.
Remove the crust from the oven and top with pizza sauce, cheese, bacon, pineapple, red onion, and jalapeño. Bake for 7-8 more minutes.
Remove and sprinkle with chopped cilantro if desired. Slice and serve immediately.