- ½ cup Pamela’s Nut Flour Blend (55 gr.)
- ½ cup Pamela’s All-Purpose Flour Artisan Blend (70 gr.)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp allspice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup currants or raisins (if dry, soak in 2 TBSP. hot water, drain)
- 1 cup peeled and shredded carrot and/or yam (large shred)
- ½ cup grated apple, zucchini or crushed and drained pineapple
- ½ cup chopped spinach (optional)
- ½ cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted and chopped (or nut of choice)
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds, toasted (or seed of choice)
- zest of 1 orange (Optional)
- 2 eggs, large
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 TBSP liquid: orange juice, water, pineapple juice, milk or milk alternative
Pre-heat the oven to 375° with rack in center of oven, line pan with cupcake papers and spray well.
In a large bowl whisk together the All-Purpose Flour and Nut Flour Blend, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir in grated fruit and veggies, coconut and nuts. Mix well until all is coated.
In a separate bowl mix together eggs, oil, and liquid. Add to the flour mixture and stir until ingredients are well combined.
In cupcake pan, scoop mixture into sprayed papers and bake about 18 to 25 minutes for standard cupcakes or 15 to 20 minutes for mini muffins. They will look a little dry and grainy when done.
Chef's Note: Good the next day, if covered. Warm about 15 seconds in the microwave.
© Pamela's Products, Inc.