- Ingredients + Allergens
No No 6 servings Main Dishes Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Nut-Free, Peanut-Free Casseroles and Pot Pies No Cornbread and Muffin Mix This gluten-free tamale pie has a yummy filling made from two kinds of beans, corn, and salsa, topped with a cornbread crust. Recipe and photo created by Cafe Johnsonia.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans beans, drained and rinsed, any variety
- 1½ cups salsa, your favorite variety
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 (12 ounce) package Pamela's Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar or sucanat
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Garnishes - cilantro, cashew cream, etc.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Have an 8.5- by 11-inch casserole dish ready.
Combine beans, salsa, and corn and spread evenly in the bottom of the casserole dish.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together Pamela's Cornbread and Muffin Mix with sugar, water, oil, and eggs until combined. Some lumps may remain.
Pour the batter evenly over the filling making sure to get it all the way to the edges. Place in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. The cornbread crust will be golden and cooked through, and the filling bubbling around the edges. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick just into the cornbread. If it comes out clean, the tamale pie is done.
Let cool slightly before serving. Garnish with your favorite toppings.
- Nutrition Facts