- Ingredients + Allergens
No No 4 servings Main Dishes Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Soy-Free, Nut-Free, Peanut-Free, Corn-Free, Sugar-Free Soups & Stews No Pasta Use leftover rotisserie chicken to make this easy and quick favorite comfort food from childhood.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup finely diced celery (about 2 stalks celery)
- 1 cup finely diced onion (one small or half of large onion)
- 4 cups (32 oz) GF chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram or oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- 1 to 1½ cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- 4 ounces (half of 8 oz box) Pamela’s Spaghetti
Melt butter in a large pot, add chopped celery and onions, and sauté until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add stock, dried herbs, salt, and pepper and simmer for 10 minutes. Add carrots and simmer for 10 more minutes.
While broth is simmering, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook Spaghetti for 10 minutes; drain and rinse very well with cold water; set aside.
Add chicken to broth and simmer for about 5 minutes. Adjust seasonings to taste.
To serve, divide cooked noodles evenly between four bowls and ladle hot soup over them.
VARIATION: For a bright, lemony soup, replace butter with 1½ teaspoons olive oil, and replace diced onion with ½ cup finely sliced green onion and 1 to 2 finely chopped garlic cloves. Replace basil with 1 teaspoon dried parsley, 1 bay leaf, and 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice.
© Pamela's Products, Inc.
- Nutrition Facts