Pumpkin Pancakes and Sticky Maple Peppered Chicken
This fantastic recipe is a take on Chicken and Waffles, with a gluten-free pancake twist. The sauce is sweet, with hints of vinegar and a juicy, peppery bite. The moist fluffy and savory pancakes are perfection! The recipe is breakfast for dinner, all comfort and joy.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast-cut in 1/4-inch wide strips or chicken tenders
- 1 TBSP ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 TBSP olive oil (divided)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 3 TBSP dried cranberries Pancakes
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
1-1/4 cups Pamela's Baking and Pancake Mix
- 1 TBSP packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 TBSP unsalted butter (plus more if needed when cooking pancakes)
- 3 green onions - chopped
- Garnish: toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
Rinse chicken and pat dry. Combine the salt and pepper and sprinkle seasoning over both sides of chicken strips. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the chicken strips. Brown the chicken on all sides until no longer pink. Remove chicken to a plate and, maintaining heat, add the chicken broth and maple syrup to the skillet. Bring liquids to a low boil and reduce until thickening begins. Add the vinegar, chicken and cranberries to the skillet and continue simmering until cranberries soften and chicken is lightly coated with Peppered Maple Sauce. Remove from heat.
Meanwhile, prepare pancakes by combining pumpkin, egg, and coconut milk in a medium bowl. In a large bowl combine Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix, brown sugar and pumpkin spice. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spoon the batter into the skillet to form 4-inch pancakes and flip each when browned on one side. Cook until set and remove pancakes to a plate.
Garnish with green onions and pumpkin seeds.