Pamela’s Products is an exciting, team oriented, market leader in the gluten free and natural foods marketplace. This is your opportunity to join an established company in a small town atmosphere just two hours north of San Francisco. For over 26 years, Pamela’s Products has provided a stable career oriented environment and has been a contributor to the local community. As one of the largest employers in the area we have become a catalyst for growth by hiring both local and nationwide. Join our team and experience the opportunity to grow with us as we continue to expand operations.
Pamela remains a pioneer and leader in the industry. With distribution throughout the US and Canada, the Pamela’s brand is perfectly poised for continued double-digit sales growth. Based in the beautiful Northern California, Pamela’s manufactures some of the top-selling baking mixes, cookies, and snack bars in their respective categories. Pamela’s Products is still privately owned by Pamela herself, who still remains at the helm of the company and personally creates all of the brand’s product recipes. With an emphasis on product quality, environmental and social responsibility, Pamela’s is a company grounded in her original mission to provide safe, great-tasting products to the gluten-free/allergy-free community and beyond. Pamela’s iconic Baking & Pancake Mix outsells its wheat counterparts in the natural pancake category, making it the #1 selling natural pancake mix.
Most recently, Pamela’s consolidated her production and distribution centers into a single, 76,000 square foot facility to accommodate company growth. The move included the investment of over $1,000,000 in a secondary 120-foot baking line and additional production equipment. Recently, a restructuring of the Sales & Marketing departments has set the stage to take the company to the next level. An intensive focus has been applied to unifying the look and feel of Pamela’s brand design to create a recognizable look across all products and marketing outlets, setting the stage for successful growth over the coming years.
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
Report To: Vice President of Operations
Summary: The Quality Assurance Manager ensures that products received, produced and shipped meet company specification. This position is responsible for maintaining, implementing and managing the HACCP, SQF and Safety programs, and works closely with other departments to ensure compliance with appropriate regulations. This position is also responsible for the timely completion, review, and disposition of regulatory documents and facility records, and performs activities associated with document flow and all other documents managed by Quality Assurance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain certifications QAI (Organic), AIB
- Achieve SQF certification
- Write/re-write practices as required
- Monitor QC of production lines
- Organize audits
- Conduct audits of all facility and grounds
- Maintain Food Safety and Food Quality programs in accordance with FSMA, FDA, USDA
- Organize and conduct calibration of equipment
- Run QA lab and confirm all testing
- Manage Document Control Specialist and Lab Assistant staff
- Manage all food safety systems; HAACP, mock recalls, COA review, IPM, lab data entry, retain program, allergens
- Manage non-conformance of raw materials issues
- Validate sanitation procedures by ATP and water testing
- Provide corrective actions on-the-spot for food safety needs
- Conduct new hire orientation
- Complete accident reports
- Complete investigation of accidents and determine corrective actions
- Write work orders and follow-up
- Organize safety training for all departments
- Maintain training literature
- Write Safe Work Practices
- Manage compliance programs; IIPP, LOTO, etc.
- Assist Supervisor of the Sanitation department
- Manage supplies – source, order, and manage inventory and costs
- Manage forms
- Plan new daily tasks with Supervisor
- Organize pick-up of food waste, recyclable materials, mixed waste
- Maintain sanitation equipment; service orders, order parts
- Write sanitation word orders
Other duties may be assigned:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, microbiology, chemistry, food science, nutrition, or related industry highly preferred
•5 years of experience in food safety or quality assurance required
•Certified Food Safety Professional
•Good working knowledge of all U.S. Food and Drug Administration, state and local health department regulations and policies applicable to food safety and compliance. Candidate must also be knowledgeable of recent Acts implemented by the USDA and FDA (country of origin labeling act, federal food allergen and consumer protection act, bioterrorism act, etc.)
•Work experience in a warehouse/distribution operation or food manufacturing is highly preferred
•Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Bi-lingual – English/Spanish Preferred
Additional REQUIREMENTS to consider before applying:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel: reach with hands and arms: climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic and caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions and vibrations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
$85,000 – $95,000 per year, negotiable depending on experience. Competitive wage and benefit packages (D.O.E), for full-time regular employees include: medical and dental coverage, 401K, vacation/sick days, annual performance and pay reviews. If you feel you have the right skills, talents, motivation and personality to join the Pamela’s team in the future, please submit your resume.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to 707-462-6642, or in person at Pamela’s Products, Inc., 1 Carousel Lane, Suite D, Ukiah, CA 95482 between the hours of 8:00am – 4:00pm. No phone calls please.
Competitive wage and benefit packages (D.O.E), for full-time regular employees include: medical and dental coverage, 401K, vacation/sick days, annual performance and pay reviews. If you feel you have the right skills, talents, motivation and personality to join the Pamela’s team in the future, please send your resume to email@example.com.