Pamela’s Products is an exciting, team oriented, market leader in the gluten free and natural foods marketplace. This is your opportunity to join an established company in a small town atmosphere just two hours north of San Francisco. For over 26 years, Pamela’s Products has provided a stable career oriented environment and has been a contributor to the local community. As one of the largest employers in the area we have become a catalyst for growth by hiring both local and nationwide. Join our team and experience the opportunity to grow with us as we continue to expand operations.
Pamela remains a pioneer and leader in the industry. With distribution throughout the US and Canada, the Pamela’s brand is perfectly poised for continued double-digit sales growth. Based in the beautiful Northern California, Pamela’s manufactures some of the top-selling baking mixes, cookies, and snack bars in their respective categories. Pamela’s Products is still privately owned by Pamela herself, who still remains at the helm of the company and personally creates all of the brand’s product recipes. With an emphasis on product quality, environmental and social responsibility, Pamela’s is a company grounded in her original mission to provide safe, great-tasting products to the gluten-free/allergy-free community and beyond. Pamela’s iconic Baking & Pancake Mix outsells its wheat counterparts in the natural pancake category, making it the #1 selling natural pancake mix.
Most recently, Pamela’s consolidated her production and distribution centers into a single, 76,000 square foot facility to accommodate company growth. The move included the investment of over $1,000,000 in a secondary 120-foot baking line and additional production equipment. Recently, a restructuring of the Sales & Marketing departments has set the stage to take the company to the next level. An intensive focus has been applied to unifying the look and feel of Pamela’s brand design to create a recognizable look across all products and marketing outlets, setting the stage for successful growth over the coming years.
QUALITY CONTROL LAB ASSISTANT — DOCUMENT CONTROL SPECIALIST
This position will test and inspect products at various stages of the production process and complies and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products by performing and following duties.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Selects products for inspection at specified stages in the production process, and inspects products for a variety of qualities, performs testing.
- Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Follows and implements procedures according to FSMA, SQF, HACCP, and GMP protocols.
- Assures that all boxes, packages, and pallets have the correct labels or tags of identification.
- Data entry of various forms
- Document updates, translation, and management.
- Language Skills:
- Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) – Must be able to read/write/speak in both languages effectively.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence for both internal and external customers.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group (5 – 50 people) situation to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Will translate company documents from English to Spanish to effectively communicate policies and procedures to all employees. Other duties may be assigned.
- Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Computer skills – Proficient in Microsoft Office; Excel, WORD, Outlook, etc.
- Problem solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Organization – Able to use resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done. Able to orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal.
- Uses resources effectively and efficiently. Arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Interpersonal Skills- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming. Listen to others without interrupting. Remain open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively. Presents numerical data effectively. Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Safety and Security- Observes safety and security procedures. Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions. Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time and notifies the appropriate person with an alternative plan.\
- Required education:
- High school or equivalent
- Food service of handling a plus
- Required language: Spanish
- Salary: $12.00 – $16.00 per hour, negotiable depending on experience. Competitive wage and benefit packages (D.O.E), for full-time regular employees include: medical and dental coverage, 401K, vacation/sick days, annual performance and pay reviews. If you feel you have the right skills, talents, motivation and personality to join the Pamela’s team in the future, please submit your resume.
Overview – Operationally supervises the production, packaging, and sanitation departments and employees.
The Production Manager reports directly to the Vice President of Operations. They have a strategic role in the planning and coordinating of baked goods production, packaging, sanitation and general management issues, including the day-to-day supervision of staff. Oversee the daily operations of food production to ensure that production meets health, safety, sanitation, and quality standards set by Pamela’s Products, Inc., the food industry, government agencies, and various quality programs including HACCP, GMP, and SQF. Create and maintain a positive, team oriented, safety first work environment, within the production environment. The Production Manager will play a vital role in implementing plans and goals for these departments.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for oversight of production operations, and personnel in the mixing, baking, packaging, sanitation, and maintenance departments.
- Inform and collaborate with VP of Operations to formulate and implement policies and procedures within the production environment;
- Will regularly review processes for efficiency, note areas for improvement, and research alternative machinery, equipment, or modifications.
- Works closely with department managers to train, coach and oversee department staff. Provides continuous performance feedback and corrective/disciplinary actions when appropriate.
- Ensures that all GMP, HACCP, and SQF practices are followed, and that employees are complying with all regulations and company standards governing the manufacturing of products.
- Responsible for coordinating shifts, arranging schedules, monitoring employee performance, and reviewing production leaders and managers.
- Assists department managers with the planning, direction and coordination of the production process to ensure a continuous flow of quality products that meet or exceed all requirements of the customer, company, and regulatory agencies.
- Contribute to planning and managerial processes of facility management team.
- Establish and adjust procedures to meet production schedules, production efficiencies and budget objectives.
- Actively monitor, document, and work to improve production issues facility wide.
- Participates in the company’s safety programs and brings safety awareness down to the level of the workers.
- Encourages and maintains effective communication in all areas and between all levels within the plant.
- Promotes positive employee relations through effective conflict management and issue resolution.
- Maintains a variety of reports and records to accurately reflect schedules, performance, daily production, ingredient usage, package verification, and others as needed.
- Ensures that established timekeeping practices are followed by reviewing and approving employee time records.
- Oversee cost effective use of equipment and supplies.
- Troubleshoot problem areas and develop solutions.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
- Preferred Experience
- At least 3 years of prior experience as production manager or equivalent position.
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate subordinates.
- Knowledge of arithmetic necessary to perform the duties described;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence and high standards;
- Ability to maintain composure when interacting with colleagues, customers, and members of the public;
- Ability to solve problems using strong reasoning and analytical skills;
- Ability to use good judgment to respond quickly and appropriately to emergency situations;
- Working knowledge of OSHA guidelines, GMP’s, HACCP, and SQF requirements.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills required, including the ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm is essential.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs, Outlook, Word, and Excel is required.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards is required.
- Ability to read, write and speak both English and Spanish fluently.
- Required experience and education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Management/supervisory skills necessary
- Inventory control and cycle count experience a plus
- Forklift certification training experience preferred
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, Outlook
- Bi-lingual, English/Spanish Mandatory
- Additional REQUIREMENTS to consider before applying – Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel: reach with hands and arms: climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic and caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions and vibrations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- $60,000 – $70,000 per year, negotiable depending on experience. Competitive wage and benefit packages (D.O.E), for full-time regular employees include: medical and dental coverage, 401K, vacation/sick days, annual performance and pay reviews. If you feel you have the right skills, talents, motivation and personality to join the Pamela’s team in the future, please submit your resume.
Qualified candidates will work in a very fast paced environment and will be responsible for: removing cookies from the line and placing them into various sized containers, verifying containers contain the proper amount and proceed down the line in a uniform manner. Job duties include, but are not limited to: visually examining the cookies for defect and proper presentation in the container, minimizing cookie waste, keeping the line free of debris, and palletizing product for shipment. Position will also help maintain a clean work environment, follow food quality guidelines, food safety and defense procedures and regulations.
Qualifications: Excellent attention to detail, possess basic math skills, ability to document in writing necessary information, must be able to stand on concrete floor for 8 or more hours per shift, lift 35-50 lbs. and be able to constantly bend, twist and lift boxes. Must maintain timely and regular attendance. Bi-lingual preferred.
PRODUCT BAKERY – MIXER
Duties will include, but not limited to, the daily production of baked goods. Measures and mixes ingredients to form dough or batter by using industrial electric mixer, keeps accurate mix times and temp logs, follows correct mixing order and is accurate in mixing, dividing, shaping, proofing, and baking to ensure consistency in daily production. Mix dough’s correctly and weigh/ measure accurately using scales, understand and follow all recipes and instructions, uses the proper amounts of ingredients, never deviates from recipe unless notified by Management, knows location of all ingredients, follows production schedule, maintains clean work areas, mixers, and utensils. Performs other duties or special projects as required by Manager, Supervisor, or Lead Mixer.
- Qualifications: Excellent attention to detail, possess basic math skills, ability to document in writing necessary information, must be able to stand on concrete floor for 8 or more hours per shift, lift or move 50 – 75 lbs. and be able to constantly bend, twist and lift containers. Must maintain timely and regular attendance. Bi-lingual preferred. Pay: $10.00 per hour, health benefits, 401K.
- Salary: $13.00 – $16.00 per hour, negotiable depending on experience. Competitive wage and benefit packages (D.O.E), for full-time regular employees include: medical and dental coverage, 401K, vacation/sick days, annual performance and pay reviews. If you feel you have the right skills, talents, motivation and personality to join the Pamela’s team in the future, please apply.
Successful candidates will possess the following skills: Must have practical mechanical/electrical experience, ability to work well with others and be proficient in speaking English. Physically able to perform in production based environment with 2yrs desired mechanic experience.
- Essential Functions: Maintain all aspects of the production based operation; including but not limited to conveyors, belts, electrical, plumbing, and construction. Required experience with welding and torch work. Ability to be trained to troubleshoot and repair packaging equipment, to follow directions and maintain good work ethics. Electrical background must consist of 110/220/220 3-phase and 460 3-phase. Understand inputs & outputs on CPU circuits, ability to troubleshoot; relays, heat control circuits and PLC controlled equipment. Ability to understand entry level automation.
- Must be able to stand, sit, stoop and kneel for extended periods throughout an 8-hour shift, must be able to lift or move 75 lbs. Ability to follow instructions, read maintenance manuals and keep records. Must maintain timely and regular attendance. Other duties as assigned. Bi-lingual preferred.
- Salary: $15.00 – $20.00 per hour, negotiable depending on experience. Competitive wage and benefit packages (D.O.E), for full-time regular employees include: medical and dental coverage, 401K, vacation/sick days, annual performance and pay reviews. If you feel you have the right skills, talents, motivation and personality to join the Pamela’s team in the future, please submit your resume.
Duties will include but not limited to maintaining a clean work environment in rooms, lobbies, rest rooms, production area, break rooms and warehouse; transport small equipment and tools between departments, follow and maintain all standards for cleanliness, housekeeping, manufacturing practices and food storage, comply effectively with company work and safety rules, continually meet assigned production standards. Successful candidates will show the ability to work independently and in a team environment, lift or move 35 to 50lbs, follow directions, maintain timely and regular attendance, read and write in English, problem solve, and follow policies and procedures.
- Qualifications: Excellent attention to detail, communication and problem-solving skills, possess basic math skills, ability to document in writing necessary information. Must maintain timely and regular attendance. Bi-lingual preferred.
- Salary: $12.00 per hour. Competitive wage and benefit packages (D.O.E), for full-time regular employees include: medical and dental coverage, 401K, vacation/sick days, annual performance and pay reviews. If you feel you have the right skills, talents, motivation and personality to join the Pamela’s team in the future, please apply.
Apply with cover letter and resume via email at email@example.com or in person at Pamela’s Products, Inc. – 1 Carousel Lane, Ukiah, CA 95482 between the hours of 8:00am – 4:00pm. No phone calls please.
Competitive wage and benefit packages (D.O.E), for full-time regular employees include: medical and dental coverage, 401K, vacation/sick days, annual performance and pay reviews. If you feel you have the right skills, talents, motivation and personality to join the Pamela’s team in the future, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.